Saturday, March 3, 2012

What is the darkest represenetation/version of batman?

I know dark knight is pretty dark as well as batman begins and batman returns. I just saw batman gotham knight, and that batman is very dark and unbelievably awesome (in "in darkness dwells" and "deadshot"). What are the other versions where he is darker and not superhero-ish/adam west comedic batman?What is the darkest represenetation/version of batman?
Prior to the Christopher Nolan series, there was a short film called Batman: Dead End that was considered a very good representation of the dark knight. It's definitely worth a watch.



Otherwise, I agree with the other answer regarding The Dark Knight Returns - Frank Miller's writing is definitely dark. Also check out the All-Star Batman and Robin series currently selling. It's an almost satirical look at the Batman mythology.



Finally, I recommend picking up The Killing Joke. Written by Alan Moore (Watchmen) - it's definitely one of the best written and darkest Batman stories ever.What is the darkest represenetation/version of batman?
I think the darkest adaptation was in A Serious House on a Serious Earth.

Report Abuse

What is the darkest represenetation/version of batman?
read Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, it is in my opinion the darkest batman I've ever seen

No comments:

Post a Comment